Creating channels and discussion topics can help you organize your community better and make it easier for your community members to navigate through the community.
How to create and configure community channels
- Click on the Admin Panel button.
- When you open the Admin Panel, click on Channels to get more options.
- Navigate to the top right-hand side and click on Create Channel.
- On the channel creation page enter your channel name, description, and channel cover image.
- Next, set your channel access level. There are four options: private, open, and paid and by plan.
Open channels: any member of the community can access or join that specific channel.
Private channels: members need to be invited by the admin in order to see the channel discussions and take part in them. the channel is hidden from the rest of the community
Paid members: any member on a paid subscription plan can access that specific channel and join it. Free members will be asked to upgrade.
By Plan: give access channel to channels by specific membership subscription plans. If a member is not on that plan, they will be asked to upgrade their subscription for access.
- Next set Posting Permissions. This allows you to set who can post within a channel.
- Members & Admin: allow members and admins to be able to post and share content inside of the channel
- Admin Only: allows only the admins & moderators to post in the channel.
- Next, under general settings, select if you want your channel to be moderated, have auto-join enabled, or want it excluded from the community weekly digest.
- When you have set everything, click on the Save channel button.