How to Setup Custom Domain For Your Community
updated about 2 months ago
Custom subdomains are a great way to integrate our GroupApp into your website, maintain a consistent branding experience and drive community traffic to your website.
Setup CNAME Record
1. Login into your DNS provider
2. Navigate to the domain you would like to map a custom subdomain to and add a CNAME record that points to your default GroupApp subdomain.
Cloudflare User Note: If you are using Cloudflare for your DNS provider, make sure to disable the orange Cloud icon for your newly created CNAME record.
Below are links to popular DNS providers and their guide for setting up CNAME.
Verify CNAME Record in GroupApp
1. Next, head back into GroupApp and navigate to "Custom Domain" inside your community admin panel.
2. Enter the custom subdomain that you created a CNAME record for.
3. Click "Verify Setup," and GroupApp will verify your setup and apply the custom subdomain to your community.
4. The status of your custom subdomain will change from pending to active once your custom subdomain is ready to be used. If your custom subdomain is not active within 3 to 24hrs, contact us.
Note: Once your custom subdomain is active, GroupApp's default community URL will redirect to your new custom subdomain.